NEWARK, DE / ACCESSWIRE / April 17, 2023 / The Short-Read Sequencing Market size is projected to be valued at US$ 6,322.03 million in 2023 and is expected to rise to US$ 34,401.22 million by 2033. The sales of short-read sequencing are projected to expand at a significant CAGR of 18.46% during the forecast period.
The global short-read sequencing market is a notably expanding industry that includes technologies and services that enable high-throughput sequencing of DNA or RNA fragments. Short-read sequencing technologies can produce millions or billions of short DNA or RNA reads, with typical lengths ranging from 50 to 300 base pairs.
Drivers and challenges have an impact on market dynamics, which can impact businesses. Find more insights in a sample report@
Several key factors are driving the short-read sequencing market, including rising demand for genomic analysis in clinical diagnostics, personalized medicine, drug discovery, and agriculture. The growing demand for and use of cancer therapeutics has accelerated the adoption of short-read technologies for companion diagnostics. Short-read sequencing is a quick way to detect genetic abnormalities.
Since short-read platforms can measure multiple biomarkers and map genomic sequences in a single test, these methods are considered ideal for targeted therapies and precision medicine. Technological advancements, such as the development of high-throughput sequencing platforms and the increased use of cloud computing and big data analytics, are also fueling the market growth further.
Key Takeaways from the Short-Read Sequencing Market
- By 2030, the services segment is expected to be the swiftly-growing in the short-read sequencing industry. Between 2023 and 2030, it is expected to hold a CAGR of 21.96%. Key players offer a diverse range of next-generation short-read sequencing services, bolstering the research and development portfolio.
- North America is expected to have the prominent revenue share in the global short-read sequencing market, with 49.77%. This can be attributed to the region's high cancer prevalence and a supportive regulatory environment, among other factors. The region's sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and programs are expected to aid in the growth of the market.
Ask from Market Research Expert@
- In 2022, the sequencing segment held a strong market share of 56.64% in the workflow segment. The high penetration of market participants in this step of the workflow contributes to the step's revenue generation. Due to market competition, novel and portable platforms that can easily sequence DNA have been introduced.
- The academic & research institutes segment accounted for the controllable market share of 48.67% in 2022 due to an increase in research infrastructure and a surge in the development of healthcare facilities. This factor contributes greatly to driving the segment to dominate the end-user segment.
- China is expected to record a CAGR of 9.3% between 2023 and 2023. Regional players are expanding their presence in the global short-read sequencing industry. China is growing more prominently in terms of capacity expansion than the leading Western markets.
The high demand for short-read sequencing for a variety of applications has created numerous market opportunities for the key players. To increase their market share, key players engage in strategic initiatives such as mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations.
Expand operations in the future - To get requisite details, ask for a custom report @
- F. Hoffman La Roche Ltd. acquired Stratos Genomics, an early-stage sequencing technology company, to advance the development of Roche's nanopore sequencer in May 2020.
- Agilent Technologies introduced a new product in January 2020 to address key challenges laboratories face when preparing DNA sequencing libraries for research. The new Agilent SureSelect XT HS2 DNA Kit represents the cutting-edge in library preparation and target enrichment, providing researchers with a comprehensive solution to select the workflow options that best suit their needs.
Key Companies Profiled
Illumina, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.; BGI; QIAGEN; Agilent Technologies; PerkinElmer, Inc.; ProPhase Labs, Inc. (Nebula Genomics); Psomagen; Azenta US, Inc. (GENEWIZ)
Key Segments Covered in the Short-Read Sequencing Market Report
- Data Analysis
- Whole Genome Sequencing
- Whole Exome Sequencing
- Targeted Sequencing & Resequencing
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- The Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Browse Full Report for in-depth Information:
Table of Content
1. Executive Summary | Short-read Sequencing Market
1.1. Global Market Outlook
1.2. Demand-side Trends
1.3. Supply-side Trends
1.4. Technology Roadmap Analysis
1.5. Analysis and Recommendations
2. Market Overview
2.1. Market Coverage / Taxonomy
2.2. Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
3. Market Background
3.1. Market Dynamics
4. Global Market Analysis 2018 to 2022 and Forecast, 2023 to 2033
4.1. Historical Market Size Value (US$ Million) Analysis, 2018 to 2022
4.2. Current and Future Market Size Value (US$ Million) Projections, 2023 to 2033
4.2.1. Y-o-Y Growth Trend Analysis
4.2.2. Absolute $ Opportunity Analysis
5. Global Market Analysis 2018 to 2022 and Forecast 2023 to 2033, By Product
5.1. Introduction / Key Findings
5.2. Historical Market Size Value (US$ Million) Analysis By Product, 2018 to 2022
Explore FMI's related ongoing Coverage on Healthcare Market Insights Domain
Brain Tumor Drugs Market Size: The brain tumor drugs market is estimated to record a 9.2% CAGR from 2023 to 2033. The market is likely to reach US$ 2.65 billion in 2023 and is expected to be worth US$ 6.30 billion in 2033.
Antibody Purification Service Market Share: Antibody purification is a critical step in the production of therapeutic antibodies, and its importance is reflected in the anticipated value pool of US$ 1 billion by the end of 2023 and a projected global demand of US$ 3 billion by 2033, marking a CAGR of 11%
Bispecific Antibody Market Demand: The global biospecific antibody market is slated to reach a market value of US$ 500 million by the end of 2023, and eventually to US$ 1 billion by 2033, marking a CAGR of 7.2%.
Discrete Analyzers Market Growth: The global discrete analyzers market is expected to enjoy a valuation of US$ 1.5 Billion in the year 2023, and further expand at a CAGR of 5.2% to reach a valuation of ~US$ 2.6 Billion by the year 2033.
Actinomycosis Market Opportunity: The actinomycosis market is expected that by 2033, global demand would be worth US$ 90 billion, growing at a CAGR of 6%.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
SOURCE: Future Market Insights, Inc.