Make the most of 140 characters to increase engagement on Twitter
Dallas, TX / www.myprgenie.com / ACCESSWIRE / Aug 18, 2014 / With more than 500 million Tweets sent daily, it’s likely your next customer is on Twitter. The challenge for companies is making their Tweets stand out and building their business by capturing a greater share of the growing market using Twitter.
"An effective Tweet can boost business by creating the highest engagement with followers, while building a devoted fan base," says Bernard Perrine CEO of social media marketing company HipLogiq, developer of Twitter marketing application SocialCentiv.
Perrine explains techniques to construct ideal Tweets that are more likely to be heard above the crowd, be retweeted or favorited, and ultimately help drive sales:
- Find your brand voice. Your Tweets should reflect a professional voice. Be positive, engaging and conversational. Offer perspective or insight, even when retweeting to make your post stand out.
- Include multimedia to encourage interaction. Tweets should contain pictures, links or hashtags to catch the reader’s attention and trigger involvement.
- Pin a Tweet to highlight what’s important. Businesses can pin a specific Tweet to the top of their profile to showcase their special offers so that their followers don’t miss out.
- Avoid starting a Tweet with @username. Starting with @username makes that Tweet only visible to the sender and receiver. For greater visibility, try "Hey, @username!..." or insert a period before the username, "@username...."
- Create exclusive and custom offers. Tweets with exclusive offers can spur interest to try your company’s products or services, can build customer loyalty, and make your Twitter community feel special. HipLogiq’s clients have the most response with 20 percent or more off and buy-one-get-one-free (BOGO) offers.
- Tweet less than six times per day. Followers become annoyed with accounts Tweeting more than five times per day or more than one Tweet per hour. (getspokal.com)
- Increase Tweet visibility. Request a retweet in the Tweet. Tweet 4-5x per day to increase retweets. Join trends by linking a Tweet to a hashtag and a trending word or phrase (#HipLogiq).
HipLogiq began in October 2012 as SocialCompass, an innovative enterprise solution for social media marketing. The vision of co-founders Lindsey Pennington, Adam Root and Bernard Perrine was to build patented technology to help companies target and engage customers on Twitter in a meaningful, results-driven way. To date, the software boasts an unprecedented conversion rate of 34 percent or higher.
In March 2013, the product suite expanded to include SocialCentiv which works similarly for small to medium businesses, but with a web-based, do-it-yourself solution. To date, HipLogiq has received $12M in two rounds of funding since May 2013 to build the company into an idea factory that produces the most innovative, successful applications in their market space. For more information, go to www.hiplogiq.com or visit them on Facebook or Twitter.
# # #
Contact: Karen Carrera, email@example.com, 972-207-1935