- the Binghampton Copper Queen ("BCQ") property is a volcanogenic massive sulphide ("VMS") project covering 7.8 square miles in the northern Arizona VMS Belt
- data was generated over a 23-year period beginning in the early 1970s
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA / ACCESSWIRE / May 20, 2014 / Anfield Resources Inc. (TSX.V: ARY)(OTC: ANLDF) ("Anfield" or "the Company") announces that it has acquired data for its Arizona copper project located within the Arizona VMS Belt. The Arizona VMS Belt contains 70 known deposits including 48 past and present producers. According to reports from the Arizona Geological Survey, combined historical production was 55.8 million tons with average grades of 3.6% copper, 0.2% lead and 0.9% zinc. The largest mine within the VMS Belt, the United Verde mine in Jerome, produced 33.5 million tons at 4.36% copper. Four other deposits in the area produced in excess of one million tons of copper.
The data consists of information generated by American Selco and Resource Exploration and Development Company from exploration activities performed between 1973 and 1996, and covers multiple locations within the project area, including the Binghampton, Copper Queen, Belgium, Half Moon, and Copper Mountain mines, as well as other potential acquisition targets not currently held by the Company.
The data acquisition helps to supplement the robust data the Company currently possesses on Copper Queen with new data for the Binghampton mine and surrounding areas. The geological data consists of:
- 14 bound and completed reports, including drill logs, intercepts and location information;
- over 70 geological maps or plates, including maps of underground mine workings;
- airborne geophysical surveys, which include HLEM, VLF, IP and resistivity data; and
- significant surface and geochemical sampling results
"We are excited to have acquired more information on properties within this extraordinary copper production area," commented Corey Dias, Anfield's Chief Executive Officer. "The data has the potential to not only reduce our exploration and development costs at BCQ and accelerate our timeline to define an NI 43-101 compliant copper resource, but also help us to delineate areas for further exploration activities and help us to pinpoint future acquisition targets."
About Anfield Resources Inc.
Anfield is a publicly traded corporation listed on the TSX-Venture Exchange (ARY-V) and is engaged in mineral exploration, development and production in the United States and Chile. Its focus is on acquiring and developing an array of strategic mineral projects which are summarized below:
- Anfield's uranium assets include mining claims and state leases in southeastern Utah, Colorado and Arizona totalling over 17,500 acres (7,082 hectares), targeting areas where past uranium mining or prospecting occurred within a potential shipping radius to the White Mesa Mill, the only operating conventional uranium mill in the US.
- The Binghampton Copper Queen (BCQ) project, located 17 miles (27 km) southeast of Prescott, Arizona, and within the Arizona VMS Belt, consists of 5,021 acres (2,032 hectares) of both patented and State land, with two past-producing mines on the property.
- The North Star Copper Project, located less than 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Tucson, consisting of 200 mining claims covering approximately 4,000 acres (1,619 hectares), targets relatively shallow oxide copper at the historic North Star site in the heart of copper country in southern Arizona.
- The Aura Project, a nascent copper production operation in Atacama, Chile, is located 20 miles (32 km) east of Copiapo and consists of eight mining concessions totalling over 2,800 acres (1,133 hectares) in one of the foremost copper producing regions in the world.
R. Tim Henneberry, P.Geo., Advisor to Anfield is the Qualified Person as defined in National Instrument 43-101, who has reviewed and approved the technical content of this news release.
On behalf of the Board of Directors
ANFIELD RESOURCES INC.
Corey Dias, Chief Executive Officer
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Anfield Resources Inc.
Safe Harbor Statement
THIS NEWS RELEASE CONTAINS "FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS". STATEMENTS IN THIS NEWS RELEASE THAT ARE NOT PURELY HISTORICAL ARE FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS AND INCLUDE ANY STATEMENTS REGARDING BELIEFS, PLANS, EXPECTATIONS OR INTENTIONS REGARDING THE FUTURE.
EXCEPT FOR THE HISTORICAL INFORMATION PRESENTED HEREIN, MATTERS DISCUSSED IN THIS NEWS RELEASE CONTAIN FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS THAT ARE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN RISKS AND UNCERTAINTIES THAT COULD CAUSE ACTUAL RESULTS TO DIFFER MATERIALLY FROM ANY FUTURE RESULTS, PERFORMANCE OR ACHIEVEMENTS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED BY SUCH STATEMENTS. STATEMENTS THAT ARE NOT HISTORICAL FACTS, INCLUDING STATEMENTS THAT ARE PRECEDED BY, FOLLOWED BY, OR THAT INCLUDE SUCH WORDS AS "ESTIMATE," "ANTICIPATE," "BELIEVE," "PLAN" OR "EXPECT" OR SIMILAR STATEMENTS ARE FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. RISKS AND UNCERTAINTIES FOR THE COMPANY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH MINERAL EXPLORATION AND FUNDING AS WELL AS THE RISKS SHOWN IN THE COMPANY'S MOST RECENT ANNUAL AND QUARTERLY REPORTS AND FROM TIME-TO-TIME IN OTHER PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION REGARDING THE COMPANY. OTHER RISKS INCLUDE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE REGULATORY APPROVAL PROCESS, COMPETITIVE COMPANIES, FUTURE CAPITAL REQUIREMENTS AND THE COMPANY'S ABILITY AND LEVEL OF SUPPORT FOR ITS EXPLORATION AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES. THERE CAN BE NO ASSURANCE THAT THE COMPANY'S EXPLORATION EFFORTS WILL SUCCEED AND THE COMPANY WILL ULTIMATELY ACHIEVE COMMERCIAL SUCCESS. THESE FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS ARE MADE AS OF THE DATE OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, AND THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO OBLIGATION TO UPDATE THE FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS, OR TO UPDATE THE REASONS WHY ACTUAL RESULTS COULD DIFFER FROM THOSE PROJECTED IN THE FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS. ALTHOUGH THE COMPANY BELIEVES THAT THE BELIEFS, PLANS, EXPECTATIONS AND INTENTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NEWS RELEASE ARE REASONABLE, THERE CAN BE NO ASSURANCE THOSE BELIEFS, PLANS, EXPECTATIONS OR INTENTIONS WILL PROVE TO BE ACCURATE. INVESTORS SHOULD CONSIDER ALL OF THE INFORMATION SET FORTH HEREIN AND SHOULD ALSO REFER TO THE RISK FACTORS DISCLOSED IN THE COMPANY'S PERIODIC REPORTS FILED FROM TIME-TO-TIME.
THIS NEWS RELEASE HAS BEEN PREPARED BY MANAGEMENT OF THE COMPANY WHO TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS CONTENTS. THIS NEWS RELEASE SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO SELL OR THE SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY NOR SHALL THERE BE ANY SALE OF THESE SECURITIES IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH OFFER, SOLICITATION OR SALE WOULD BE UNLAWFUL PRIOR TO REGISTRATION OR QUALIFICATION UNDER THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY SUCH JURISDICTION.
SOURCE: Anfield Resources Inc.