Oreninc Index Update: January 10, 2013
Oreninc Index Tumbles for Third Week
Oreninc will be exhibiting at the Cambridge House Vancouver Resource Investment Conference January 20-21, at booth #940, where we will be releasing our updated financing reports. Visit our booth to learn more about the rough market and how our data and research will help.
The Oreninc Index fell to the lowest level since its creation in 2010 during the week ending January 10, 2013. This week was the second in a row with no brokered offerings announced and the fourth week with no bought deals. The financing market is in a significant slump and the natural resource industry is feeling it throughout.
- 20 deals were announced, the fewest since August.
- Zero brokered deals were announced for the second week in a row.
- Zero bought deals were announced for the fourth straight week.
- Total dollars announced fell to $22.1 million, the lowest since July.
- Average deal size moved to $1.1 million, up from last week but still well below the 52-week average.
Major Financing Openings:
- Colt Resources Corp. (TSX-V:GTP) opened an $8 million offering on a best efforts basis.
- Upper Canada Gold Corp. (TSX-V:UCC) opened an $8 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit includes a 1/2 warrant that expires in 48 months.
- Tamerlane Ventures Inc (TSX-V:TAM) opened a $2 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit includes a 1/2 warrant that expires in 24 months. The deal is expected to close on or about January 31, 2013.
- Rara Terra Minerals Corp. (TSX-V:RTX) opened a $0.75 million offering on a best efforts basis.
Major Financing Closings:
- Amarok Energy Inc. (TSX-V:AMR) closed an $18.66 million offering underwritten by a syndicate led by Integral Wealth Securities on a best efforts basis.
- Northern Spirit Resources Inc. (TSX-V:NS) closed a $4.31 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit includes 1 warrant that expires in 36 months.
- Abzu Gold Ltd. (TSX-V:ABS) closed a $2.5 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit includes 1 warrant that expires in 12 months.
- Pan Global Resources Inc. (TSX-V:PGZ) closed a $1.1 million offering on a best efforts basis.
Original Link: http://oreninc.com/orenthink/20130115-oreninc-index-update
Oreninc also publishes the Oreninc Deal Log, a daily list of all financing activity in the TSX resource sectors. Visit http://oreninc.com to see which companies and sectors to watch. Oreninc also writes custom reports for companies on effective capital raising strategies to help companies maintain long-term shareholder value
For further information please contact:
Disclaimer: The views presented in Oreninc's blog reflect the opinions of the Oreninc Team only. We use the publicly available data we collect for the ODL to discuss greater market and financing issues. See Terms.