- House dust mite study shows statistically significant reduction in symptoms vs. no protection
- Grass pollen study shows faster onset of action and superior efficacy ratings by patients
- Bentrio® shows wider nasal cavity distribution, for 3.5 x more time, vs saline spray
HAMILTON, BERMUDA / ACCESSWIRE / February 14, 2023 / Altamira Therapeutics Ltd. (Nasdaq:CYTO), a company dedicated to developing therapeutics that address important unmet medical needs, today announced that data from three clinical studies with the Company's Bentrio nasal spray in allergic rhinitis will be presented February 25, at the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) in San Antonio, TX.
- Session Date & Time: Saturday, February 25, 2023, 10:45 am - 11:45 am ET
- Poster No. 337: Efficacy and Tolerability of the Barrier-Forming Drug-Free Nasal Spray AM-301 in Allergic Rhinitis Patients Exposed to Controlled Grass Pollen and House Dust Mite Challenge
- Presenting Author: Anne Marie Salapatek, Ph.D., Cliantha Research, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
The presentation will include data from the following clinical evaluations:
- House dust mite (HDM) allergic rhinitis. The randomized cross-over study in 37 patients undergoing controlled allergen exposure for 3 hours showed a statistically significant reduction in the change of the Total Nasal Symptom Score (TNSS) with application of Bentrio compared to no protection (publication submitted). The study was conducted by Cliantha Research, Canada.
- Grass pollen allergic rhinitis. The randomized cross-over study in 36 patients undergoing controlled allergen exposure for 4 hours showed: non-inferiority with regard to the change in the TNSS for Bentrio compared to a hydroxypropyl methylcellulose nasal spray, faster onset of protection, and better subjective ratings of efficacy. The study was conducted by the Fraunhofer Institute for Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Germany.
- Nasal residence time. The randomized study in 8 healthy volunteers showed wide distribution of fluorescence-labelled Bentrio for 3.5 hours within relevant parts of the nasal cavity compared to smaller coverage and presence for only one hour with labelled saline nasal spray (publication submitted). The study was conducted by the University of Tubingen, Germany.
All three studies of Bentrio nasal spray demonstrated good safety and tolerability.
About The 2023 AAAAI Annual Meeting
The 2023 AAAAI Annual Meeting will take place February 24-27 in San Antonio, TX. The conference draws academic and clinical leaders from around the world to showcase new research and discuss other developments in allergy, asthma and immunologic diseases. For more info, visit: https://annualmeeting.aaaai.org/
About Altamira Therapeutics
Altamira Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYTO) is dedicated to developing RNA-based therapeutics for extrahepatic targets (OligoPhore™ / SemaPhore™ delivery platforms). The Company currently has two flagship siRNA programs in preclinical development beyond in vivo proof of concept: AM-401 for KRAS driven cancer and AM-411 for rheumatoid arthritis. The versatile delivery platform is also suited for mRNA and other types of RNA therapeutics and shall be leveraged via out-licensing to pharma or biotech companies. In addition, Altamira is in the process of divesting and/or licensing-out its legacy assets in allergology and viral infection (Bentrio® OTC nasal spray; commercial) and inner ear therapeutics (AM-125 nasal spray for vertigo; post Phase 2; Keyzilen® and Sonsuvi® for tinnitus and hearing loss; Phase 3). Founded in 2003, Altamira is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, with its main operations in Basel, Switzerland. For more information, visit: https://altamiratherapeutics.com/
This press release may contain statements that constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements are statements other than historical facts and may include statements that address future operating, financial or business performance or Altamira Therapeutics' strategies or expectations. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as "may", "might", "will", "should", "expects", "plans", "anticipates", "believes", "estimates", "predicts", "projects", "potential", "outlook" or "continue", or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and beliefs and involve significant risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, developments and business decisions to differ materially from those contemplated by these statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the success of the continued commercialization of Bentrio and success of strategic transactions, including licensing or partnering, with respect to Bentrio or any other legacy assets, Altamira Therapeutics' need for and ability to raise substantial additional funding to continue the development of its product candidates, the timing and conduct of clinical trials of Altamira Therapeutics' product candidates, the clinical utility of Altamira Therapeutics' product candidates, the timing or likelihood of regulatory filings and approvals, Altamira Therapeutics' intellectual property position and Altamira Therapeutics' financial position, including the impact of any future acquisitions, dispositions, partnerships, license transactions or changes to Altamira Therapeutics' capital structure, including future securities offerings. These risks and uncertainties also include, but are not limited to, those described under the caption "Risk Factors" in Altamira Therapeutics' Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2021, and in Altamira Therapeutics' other filings with the SEC, which are available free of charge on the Securities Exchange Commission's website at: www.sec.gov . Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those indicated. All forward-looking statements and all subsequent written and oral forward-looking statements attributable to Altamira Therapeutics or to persons acting on behalf of Altamira Therapeutics are expressly qualified in their entirety by reference to these risks and uncertainties. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made, and Altamira Therapeutics does not undertake any obligation to update them in light of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as may be required under applicable law.
SOURCE: Altamira Therapeutics