LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / July 11, 2020 / Compare-autoinsurance.org (https://compare-autoinsurance.org/) is a top auto insurance brokerage website, providing car insurance quotes online from trustworthy agencies all over the United States. This website has recently launched a series of blog posts that provide more info about saving car insurance money during the pandemic.
To find out more on this topic, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/coronavirus-car-insurance-tips-how-to-save-money-during-these-difficult-times.
The situation in the United States seems to get worse with each passing day. The number of COVID-19 cases has dramatically increased in recent days and there is no certain way to predict what will happen. As a result, the economy is still suffering, with many people losing their jobs and businesses remaining closed. This makes it difficult for people to afford paying even for essential services, like car insurance. Saving money on insurance is now a top priority for many. Drivers should check the following options:
- Look if the current provider has issued support programs and plans. For example, major car insurance companies have pledged to offer refunds to their customers. Since the traffic has significantly diminished, the number of accidents has also dropped. Providers like Allstate, Geico, Progressive, American Family, Nationwide, and others have different plans to help their customers get back a part of their premiums paid in April and May. Also, The Consumer Federation of America (CFA) has urged all insurers to provide paybacks to their drivers. In cities like New York and Los Angeles, traffic has decreased 92 percent and 73 percent, respectively and there are fewer car accidents.
- Drivers can adjust their coverage to save money on their monthly premiums. Drivers who use their cars less often should contact their insurers and check if they can get a lower bill if they drive fewer miles. Also, drivers can change their coverage limits to save more money. Furthermore, consider dropping coverage and purchasing vehicle storage insurance, if the driver thinks he/she will not drive for a long time and it is better to keep the car in a storage facility.
- Most insurers have paused cancellation of policies due to non-payment. This is a good thing for drivers who are financially struggling in this period. However, this measure is temporary and insurers say that their pausing of late fees and cut-offs will end when the coronavirus crisis ends as well.
- Canceling car insurance to save money is not recommended. Most states require minimum liability auto insurance. Drivers who need to leave their homes for reasons such as picking up food or going to a medical appointment will need insurance to avoid paying money from their own pockets if they get involved in a car accident.
- Consider keeping comprehensive coverage. Weather events like hail storms or heavy winds that can cause a tree branch to fall onto a vehicle and damage it are covered by comprehensive insurance. Unattended cars are still the preferred targets for car thieves and comprehensive insurance is the only one that covers car theft.
- Switch to pay-per-mile auto insurance plans. Drivers who foresee that they will not use their vehicles too often for a long period of time should explore this option. Pay-per-mile auto insurance is mostly purchased for back-up vehicles that aren't used on a daily basis or by people who work really close to home and rarely travel.
- Drivers who use their vehicles for ridesharing or to deliver supplies may need special insurance. Drivers who are making food deliveries may need business car insurance for food delivery. This is because the vehicle is used more frequently while working. In this situation, drivers need to purchase separate commercial insurance that takes over when they start the delivery and drops when they complete it. However, some companies are now taking special considerations with COVID-19 and are covering the vehicle for an accident that may occur while working. Some are covering customers who use their personal vehicles to deliver medicine, food, and other goods professionally, and others are providing coverage for most restaurants and retailers who are now doing business by delivery.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/.
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
"This is a tough time for everyone, but relentless forward progress is the answer. For some, it might take time to adjust to the new realities, but nonetheless, all the measures that are taken are essential to overcome the current crisis," said Gurgu C, Project Manager of Internet Marketing Company.
SOURCE: Internet Marketing Company