SAN FRANCISCO, CA / ACCESSWIRE / April 30, 2020 / A dozen young second and third-generation hoteliers at eight leading hotel ownership companies have collaborated to purchase and donate 25,000 protective face masks to 11 hospitals in the four states where the respective companies operate their hotels - California, Texas, Oregon, and Washington.
The 12 hoteliers and their eight companies are:
- Taran Patel, managing partner at A1 Hospitality Group, which operates properties in Oregon and Washington
- Neal Patel and Avi "Sunny" Patel, founders and managing partners of Blue Chip Hotels, which operates in Texas
- Shirin Patel, principal at Canterbury Hotel Group, with properties in Oregon
- Suraj R. Patel, president, and Ravi Govin, vice president, of Clutch Hotel Group in Texas
- Bijal Patel, CEO, and principal of Coast Redwood Hospitality, in Northern California
- Mayur "Mike" Patel, managing partner, and Amish Patel, director, of Prosper Hospitality in Texas
- Mitesh Jivan and Alpesh Jivan, founders and managing partners of TenSeventy Hospitality in California
- Sawan H. Patel, managing partner at Unity Hotels Group in Texas
The mask donation includes a joint effort together by Neal Patel, who serves as Secretary of AAHOA, and Bijal Patel, who is Chairman of CH&LA.
"Hospitality is not just our job - it's a calling and a lifelong bond to serving people," according to Bijal Patel. "Although we are currently physically separated from our guests, helping our neighborhoods has no boundaries - especially medical workers who are facing and overcoming a very special level of hardship every minute."
Added Neal Patel, "Hoteliers are experts at providing a safe, easy night of rest to travelers who have spent a hard day on the road. During this crisis environment, we want to make work a little safer and easier for the health care first-responders who are working so very hard on behalf of the communities where we do business."
Taran Patel, managing principal of A1 Hospitality Group based in Kennewick, Washington, explained his reason for joining the contribution group: "As our company thought about what our local communities need, we quickly realized there was a dire need for protective medical equipment, masks in particular.
"We immediately put together an energized group of young hoteliers who could act fast to leverage our collective resources and to make an immediate, meaningful impact."
Mitesh Jivan of TenSeventy Hospitality in California, who also operates an LED lighting business, JivanLED, was able to use his LED contacts in Asia to secure a large quantity of masks at a time of high demand.
"Americans were being told to watch and wait, but my style is not to wait - I act," said Jivan. "I never thought I would be figuring out the logistics of importing surgical masks as fast as possible, but it's been great to be able to mobilize our resources in support of the health care workers who are supporting us every day."
Sawan Patel of Unity Hotels Group in Texas added, "Hoteliers understand the importance of doing little things behind-the-scenes for our guests, so providing these masks was a small way we could give medical workers a valuable tool as they fight for us on the front line."
The mask donations will begin later this week at the following 11 hospitals:
- Adventist Health, Ukiah Valley
- Dominican Hospital, Santa Cruz
- Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Portland
- Providence Memorial Hospital, Hood River
- Parkland Health, Dallas
- Memorial Hermann, Sugar Land
- Memorial Hermann Southwest, Houston
- Ascension Seton Williamson, Round Rock
- Trios Health, Kennewick
- Lourdes Medical Center, Pasco
- Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland
For more information visit theHospitality Strong Facebook Page
Contact Name: Mike Patel
Organization name: Hospitality Strong
Address: 521 hospitality drive San Francisco CA 94102
Email: [email protected]
Phone number: 707-462-6657
Website URL: https://www.facebook.com/HospitalityStrongTeam/
SOURCE: Hospitality Strong