LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / December 9, 2019 / Increasingly, investors turn to precious metals such as gold, silver, etc. for diversification instead of just relying on the traditional options. This is because gold and silver are among the highly traded and most sought-after precious metals.
Given global uncertainty, many investors look at precious metals such as gold coins and silver as an attractive alternative for long-term investment. Many use their Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) to make such strategic investments in gold and silver, leveraging the ability to grow their investment tax-free.
Lear Capital can help if you are in search of a reputable dealer to help you make a precious metals investment, whether inside or outside an IRA account.
About Lear Capital
Lear Capital is rated as America's No. 1 precious metals investment dealer and has been offering transactional services since 1997. They provide an updated spot price, quick delivery, and highly educated staff.
Lear Capital Gold IRA's & Retirement Accounts
The 401(k) plan is a retirement saving plan that is available to many Americans. Workers can invest a certain percentage of their salary before tax deductions into a 401(k) savings account. Only when you decide to withdraw the 401(k) will you have to pay taxes on the amount you have saved, thus allowing you to build up a financial reserve to utilize after retirement.
One disadvantage with the 401(k) savings plan is that it needs to be sponsored by your employer. If your employer doesn't offer a 401(k), then you cannot invest this way, although other tax-deferred options may exist.
Another option, for example, is an Individual Retirement Account or Gold IRA, which allows individuals to create and contribute to their own retirement savings account. Just like the 401(k), the IRA savings are also free from tax deductions until withdrawn.
What is a Precious Metal IRA?
A precious metal retirement account works similar to an ordinary IRA, with a critical difference. While traditional IRAs generally limit the investments you can purchase with your IRA funds (for example, stocks and bonds), precious metal IRAs can be used to purchase physical metals such as gold, silver, coins, palladium, and platinum as well.
One important point to note is that not all custodians offering IRA services will support a precious metal IRA.
Starting a Lear Capital IRA
Lear Capital has simple steps to open or rollover funds into a precious metals IRA account for its customers. (Note: All accounts are opened with professional, third party IRA administrators.) Here's how to open a new account or roll over a precious metals IRA account with Lear Capital's assistance:
- Visit the official Gold IRA/Silver IRA account registration webpage by clicking here.
- Once the web page loads completely, scroll down to find a form where details such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number will need to be filled out.
- Fill in the form and then click on the "Submit" button placed at the bottom of the form.
Once you successfully submit the form, a representative will then contact you to confirm your identity as well as collect additional information to open your IRA account.
Lear Capital Precious Metals Encyclopedia
There are many different types of gold and silver coins, such as American Eagles, Canadian Maple Leafs, and several lesser-known coins, which can be placed into a precious metals IRA.
Lear Capital's website also provides detailed information regarding the different coins available. This includes details of all coins featured both gold and silver, their design details, issue date, dimensions, composition, and so on.
What Are the Pros and Cons with Lear Capital?
In this section, we will take a glance at the various pros and cons of investing with Lear Capital.
Pros of Lear Capital
- Timely Transactions: With Lear Capital, all the transactions into the IRA are done in a timely fashion without causing the customer any hassles.
- Customer Support: Lear Capital's customer support team is well-versed in the technicalities and issues that can occur with setting up a gold IRA and can provide appropriate and immediate responses to customer queries.
- No Penalty Charges: Lear Capital specialists can help customers avoid incurring tax penalties when customers transfer a standard IRA into a Lear Capital precious metals IRA by doing so within the guidelines set forth by the IRS.
- Knowledge for Customers: The website provides resources such as the Lear Capital Precious Metals Encyclopedia that give customers detailed information related to the different precious metals options like gold IRAs, coins, and bullions.
Cons of Lear Capital
- Opening a precious metals IRA with Lear Capital is a long-term investment that will not pay dividends, interest or yields.
- Precious metals IRA accounts may have an annual fee as well as charges for securing, storing and insuring your precious metals.
- Full-service dealers like Lear pay their sales reps commissions as is common in the industry.
Lear Capital's Online Reputation
In today's digital world, online presence and reputation are crucial for the success of any business. Below we have listed a summary of Lear Capital's online status on three of the most trusted financial and business assessment websites.
Better Business Bureau Feedback
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is designed to be an ethical platform where businesses are evaluated independently based on their integrity and performance.
BBB has accredited Lear Capital since 1997 and Lear currently has a rating of "A+."
Recognized as the world's most powerful platform for reviews, Trustpilot is a website that consumers can use to connect with and influence businesses. Companies can learn from customer feedback to ensure better satisfaction and progress.
Lear Capital has over 300 customer reviews on Trustpilot, with over 80% of them featuring positive responses about the services of the company.
The Retirement Living website provides essential information for retirees, including on topics such as lifestyle, investment, health, and stability.
In its review of Lear Capital, Retirement Living gave it 4.9 out of 5 stars. One Lear Capital customer is quoted saying, "The only way to go with Silver & Gold is with Lear Capital, they care about the customer and not just to make a sale! From the first time I made the phone call to receiving my product, I'm very happy for them working for me. Don't get fooled like others who try and up-sell and confuse the buyer."
Final Thoughts on Lear Capital
Your retirement savings plan is a long-term investment. Therefore, it is essential that you open an IRA account with a trusted, experienced, and professional dealer to ensure the legitimacy of your metals.
If you are looking for a precious metals IRA or to invest in gold or silver, Lear Capital can help with more than 20 years of expertise.
The contents of this article represent the author's own views, but the author was paid by Lear Capital, Inc. to write this review.