WHITEFISH, MT / August 12, 2014 / The Marijuana Index(TM) moved lower last week, as bellwethers GW Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: GWPH) and MedBox Inc. (OTC: MDBX) fell 0.8% and 14%, respectively, alongside many other smaller industry components.
Top gainers last week included Novus Acquisition & Development Corp. (OTC: NDEV), which increased nearly 30% as management continues to roll out its MMJ MedPlan, Vape Holdings Inc. (OTC: VAPE), which jumped over 20% after expanding distribution channels for its HIVE Ceramics product line, and Terra Tech Corp. (OTC: TRTC), which rose just under 20% after entering the second phase of a three phase process to launching its CBD-based supplements.
Cannabis regulatory initiatives continued to make progress last week. In particular, Washington D.C. voters will have the opportunity to vote on recreational legalization in November after yet another successful ballot initiative by a U.S. state.
- Cannabis Technologies Looks to Capitalize on Therapeutics – CannabisFN takes a look at Cannabis Technologies Inc. (OTC: CANLF) and its plans to leverage its proprietary platform to uncover CBD-based compounds.
- Washington DC Residents to Vote on Cannabis Legalization – Washington D.C. voters will have the opportunity to vote on recreational marijuana legalization in November after a successful ballot initiative.
- Novus MMJ MedPlan Network is a Contender – CannabisFN takes a look at Novus Acquisition & Development’s (OTC: NDEV) MMJ MedPlan Network that offers cost savings to medical marijuana patients.
- New Study Shows THC May Reduce Tumor Size – New clinical research suggests that a previously unknown signaling system may be responsible for THC’s ability to reduce tumor size in certain types of cancer.
- Cannabis Therapy Expands into Animal Health – Cannabis Therapy Corp. (OTC: CTCO) recently announced an exclusive worldwide licensing agreement with Canna-Pet LLC to capitalize on pet products.
- Colorado’s Marijuana Experiment Ruled a Success – Colorado’s recreational marijuana legalization has been largely successful, according to a new report by the Brookings Institute, a Washington D.C. think tank.
What to Watch This Week
The cannabis sector moved lower last week, but traders should watch for a rebound over the coming week, as regulatory initiatives gain steam moving into November’s general election season.
CannabisFN.com is a dedicated financial network covering new, emerging and established companies operating in the burgeoning multi-billion dollar medical marijuana ("MMJ") and cannabis industries. CannabisFN’s coverage is syndicated on the leading industry specific and mainstream financial websites and social media. To learn more and request a media kit, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com/market-defining-companies-program/.
To subscribe to the CannabisFN newsletter or read additional coverage on cannabis laws and investments, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com.
Disclaimer: Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and may increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its services in the form of cash-based compensation or equity securities in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.
SOURCE: Emerging Growth LLC
Leave a comment...