Whitefish, MT / June 17, 2014 / The Marijuana Index(tm) traded roughly even last week, although the sector remains well below its highs achieved earlier this year.
Top gainers included Fusion Pharm Inc. (OTC: FSPM), which rose more than 70% last week driven by technical trading, and Novus Acquisition & Development Corp. (OTC: NDEV), which rose over 13% last week after making some executive appointments. Top losers included Extreme Biodiesel Inc. (OTC: XTRM) and IMD Companies Inc. (OTC: ICBU), which both fell more than 10% last week.
Cannabis regulatory initiatives also continued to pick up steam last week. In the U.S., Colorado announced the largest grant yet to be dedicated to medical marijuana research. Internationally, Mexico's president indicated that the country may follow the U.S.'s lead when it comes to legalizing cannabis. Change may be happening slowly, but it appears to be headed towards liberalization over the long run.
- Capitalize on Canada's MMPR Rollout with Enertopia – CannabisFN takes a closer look at Enertopia Corp. (OTC: ENRT) and how the company is well positioned to take advantage of Canada's new MMPR program.
- Colorado Embarks on State-Funded MMJ Research – Colorado's Department of Health will dole out about $9 million in grants over the next five years to study the effects of medical marijuana.
-Cannabis Therapy Targets Low-Hanging Fruit – CannabisFN takes a look at Cannabis Therapy (OTC: CTCO) and its plans to leverage its seasoned management to take advantage of opportunities in the cannabis industry.
- Mexico May Follow U.S. Lead in Legalization – Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto recently indicated that the U.S. and Mexico couldn't pursue diverging policies on marijuana legalization.
- Intelligent Highway to Beat Q2 Revenue Forecast – Intelligent Highway Solutions Inc. (OTC: IHSI) expects to report a minimum of $450,000 in revenue for the second quarter of 2014, exceeding expectations.
Exclusive Interview Series
In a recent episode of CannabisFN's Executive Interview Series, Mike Elliott sits down to talk with Enertopia Corp. CEO Robert McAllister about the company's mission, plans to expand, and upcoming catalysts for shareholders.
Click Here: Watch the Full Interview
In a recent episode of CannabisFN's Executive Interview Series, Mike Elliott speaks with Cannabis Therapy CEO Soren Moglesvang about the company's upcoming plans to capitalize on the cannabis industry and some near-term catalysts.
Click Here: Watch the Full Interview
What to Watch This Week
The cannabis sector traded roughly even last week, with some gainers and losers offsetting each other for the most part. Bellwethers like GW Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: GWPH) rose nearly 8%, however, signaling that institutional investor interest remains high for companies able to capitalize on it. This week, traders should watch for more progress on the regulatory front to drive price action.
- WeedStock Conference – June 29 to July 1, 2014 – The 1st Annual Cannabis Investor Conference in Denver, Colorado will feature networking events, industry speakers, expert panels, and more.
CannabisFN.com is a dedicated financial network covering new, emerging and established companies operating in the burgeoning multi-billion dollar medical marijuana ("MMJ") and cannabis industries. CannabisFN's coverage is syndicated on the leading industry specific and mainstream financial websites and social media. To learn more and request a media kit, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com/market-defining-companies-program/.
To subscribe to the CannabisFN newsletter or read additional coverage on cannabis laws and investments, visit http://www.cannabisfn.com.
Disclaimer: Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and may increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its services in the form of cash-based compensation or equity securities in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.
SOURCE: Emerging Growth LLC
Leave a comment...