Val-d'Or, Quebec / ACCESSWIRE / February 28, 2014 / Knick Exploration Inc. (TSX-V: KNX) is pleased to announce that Mr. Gordon N. Henriksen V.P. of Knick Exploration Inc. will be representing the company at the PDAC convention in Toronto, March 2 to 5th, and can be reached at cell (819) 210-1406 to arrange a meeting.
Knick's exploration properties include:
1) The Trecesson Property is made up of 192 claims, in one claim block, totaling 7,478.5 ha or 74.85 km2 in Trecesson and Dalquier townships. The center of the Trecesson property is located approximately 12.5 km by road NNW of the town of Amos and 75 kilometers north northwest of the city of Val d'Or, Abitibi, Quebec. The claim block has paved route 393 traversing its center north-south and is well accessed by secondary gravel roads. The property is host to 4 key gold project areas. The four separate key project areas each have potential for economic gold mineralization and include:
i) The historic Chib-Kayrand gold mine area with shaft and workings circa 1935 (Press release Feb. 25, 2013). A surface grab sample by Knick from this area returned a metallic sieve assay of 420.37g/t (12.27oz/ton) gold (Press release Oct. 30, 2012). Tungsten occurs with the gold veins in this area and results from "Vein No. 9" by Knick ran 0.64%, 0.63% and 0.55% tungsten tri-oxide (WO3), (previously reported Oct. 8, 2013). The Number 9 Vein has been traced for a strike length of 450 meters and has reported widths up to 7 meters.
ii) The Spirit Lake Area: Previously reported surface grab sample highlights include 18.21g/t gold (Press release Dec. 8, 2011).
iii) The Cossette Gold System Area: Previously reported surface grab samples highlights included 109.82g/t gold (metallic sieve), 61.6 g/t silver, 1.41% copper, 9.39% zinc and 0.79% lead, Cossette Vein system (Press release Feb. 12, 2010), Previously reported drilling highlights include holes, TR-11-61, 14.22g/t gold over 3.80m (0.415oz/ton over12.46ft), TR-11-73, 22.69g/t gold over 1.95m (0.663oz/ton over 6.4 ft) , TR-11-119, 22.86g/t gold over 1.55m (0.667oz/ton over 5.08ft) (Press release Aug. 16, 2011).
iv) The Mondor/Raymor Area, historical deposit of 0.5 million tonnes of 5.5g/t gold (Press release Nov. 6, 2012).
2) The Triple Lake -Gold/VMS Property located in the Timmins Mining Camp. The project area consisted of two claim blocks covering 848 hectares (2,095 acres). The property hosts two, MEGATEM II, isolated electromagnetic anomaly cluster areas located by the government Bartlett Dome Project survey, data released April 17, 2007.
In 2008 a drill hole by Richmond Minerals returned a zone of polymetallic mineralization consisting of 1.41% copper, 9.3g/t silver, 0.11% zinc and 249ppb gold over 1.22m at 15m down hole. In the same hole a sample returned 254.3g/t silver over 0.31m at 91.34m.
Circa 1932 a shaft was sunk on one vein in the north part of the property by Triple Lake Porcupine Gold Mines Ltd. They shipped 155 tons of ore that returned them $2738.00 (1932 gold was $20.67/ounce). This is equivalent to a grade of 0.85 oz per ton gold. Also in this area of the property several veins were reported by A. Hubert in 1959 giving values up to 2.0 oz/ton gold. Grab sample assay results by Knick in the area of the Hubert showings ranged up to 117g/t gold (press release May1, 2012). Visible gold was found in 4 pieces of vein material in a follow up visit to the site where the sample of 117g/t gold was obtained.
3) The Ogden Property is located in the Timmins Mining Camp 12km southwest of the city of Timmins. Ontario. It consists of 8 claims (70 claim units) covering 2,767 acres in Ogden Township. The Ogden property lies adjacent the eastern boundary of the producing Lake Shore Gold Corp. property which hosts the Timmins West gold deposit.
On the Ogden property a historic intersection of 9.1m of 6.0g/t gold (0.17oz/ton Au) was found by Tex-Sol Exploration Ltd. in 1965. The property's geology appears to be the mirror image of the Lakeshore Gold Property and the Bristol Creek fault, related to the Timmins West gold deposit, extends eastward from the Lake Shore Gold property onto the Ogden property.
Knick has performed various ground geophysical surveys on the property and has outlined several priority drill targets.
4) The East-West Property is located in the Val-d'Or mining camp. It is situated between the Kiena Mine (Wesdome Mining Ltd., TSX-WDO) and the past producing Marban Mine (Niogold Mining Corp., TSX.V-NOX). At present the East-West gold property is under option to Rogue Resources (TSX-V: RRS). Previously reported results from its 2011 and 2009 drill campaigns and mechanical stripping programs on the East-West Gold Property are available in the Nov. 4, 2011 press release on Knick's web site.
5) The Malartic West property lies 9 km along strike from the Osisko Exploration Ltd. (TSX-OSK, Frankfurt-EWX) Canadian Malartic Mine and adjacent the Osisko Property. Ground geophysics including magnetic, VLF-electromagnetic and I.P. surveys have been completed over the property. A gold assay of 1.17g/t was obtained from a grab sample of meta-sedimentary rock and confirms the property's potential for "Osisko" type gold mineralization (previously released Nov. 3, 2009). The sample was obtained in the vicinity of a 600 meter long induced polarization (I.P.) anomaly.
References: 1) NI 43-101 Technical Report Pertaining To: Trecesson Property, Abitibi Area, Quebec, Canada, January 20, 2012 updated on March 25, 2013, by Donald Theberge, Eng., M.B.A. available on Knick's web site at www.knick.ca.
2) Knick press releases are available in the news room on Knick's web site at www.knick.ca.
Grab samples are selective by nature and are unlikely to represent the average grade of the mineralized zone.
Samples were sent to Expert Laboratory in Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec for analysis. Fire assay, multi element scan and XRF method were implemented for analysis. Standards and blanks are submitted by Knick routinely to insure quality control.
Gordon N. Henriksen, P.Geo., Vice President of Knick Exploration, is the Company's qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101. He has reviewed and approved the contents of this press release.
We seek Safe Harbour.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release.
This Press Release includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. All statements within, other than statements of historical fact, are to be considered forward looking. There can be no assurances that such statements will prove accurate and, therefore, readers are advised to rely on their own evaluation of such uncertainties.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Jacques Brunelle Gordon N. Henriksen
President & CEO Vice President
Knick Exploration Knick Exploration
536, 3rd Avenue 536, 3rd Avenue
Val-d'Or, Quebec Val-d'Or, Quebec
J9P 1S4 J9P 1S4
Leave a comment...