OTTAWA, ONTARIO October 17, 2013 - Wind Works Power Corp. (OTC:WWPW - News)(WKN: A0RPM2) is pleased to announce it has secured the two required permits for its 150 megawatt (MW) Thunder Spirit project, located in North Dakota, in which it held a 75% interest, and, has exercised its option to acquire the remaining 25%.
The two principal permits required for Thunder Spirit are a siting permit from Adams County, granted on September 9, 2013; and a Certificate of Site Compatibility issued by the North Dakota Public Service Commission, which was issued on October 9, 2013.
An Interconnection Agreement was signed for 150MW with the Midcontinent Independent System Operator`s (MISO) power market in February 2012. Wind Works is currently working to secure a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for the Project.
"With the permitting now in place, as well as an Interconnect Agreement, we now only require a Power Purchase Agreement in order to secure financing and commence construction of our Thunder Spirit project," comments Dr. Ingo Stuckmann, Wind Works' President and CEO.
About Wind Works / Zero Emission People
Wind Works now operates 4.6 megawatts in Germany, in which it has a 49% ownership stake. In addition, Wind Works is developing 77 megawatts of near-term permitted projects in Germany; 50 megawatts of FIT contracted projects in Ontario with Capstone Infrastructures, plus an additional 20 megawatts on its own; and 425 megawatts of projects in the United States.
Our mission is to provide the opportunity for people to participate in the development of renewable wind energy projects. We believe in making sound, environmentally conscious investments that are good for our shareholders and our planet. To eliminate one person`s carbon footprint of 20 tons each year (for the US), it only takes a modern windmill 2 days by producing approx. 40,000 kilowatt hours of zero emission energy.
For more information, please visit: www.windworkspower.com
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: The statements contained herein which are not historical are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements including, but not limited to, certain delays beyond the company's control, inability to successfully conclude negotiations currently in progress, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
For additional information, please contact:
Leave a comment...