Vancouver, BC - October 15, 2013 - The Venture Capital Markets Association ("VCMA") is holding an open Town Hall Meeting, Thursday, October 17, 2013 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver, BC. The purpose of the meeting is to bring supporters of the advocacy group up to date on VCMA activities and to learn of their concerns about the many regulations that are effectively killing the ability to raise venture capital in Canada.
The VCMA was formed this past summer by several Vancouver-based people involved in venture capital who believe that over-regulation is effectively strangling the industry.
"Regulators fail to understand that the fundamental requirement for a growing economy and the jobs that must be created come from entrepreneurial people. These are people who understand and take risk with their own capital and with the assistance of individuals and firms that are in the business of raising venture capital," said Joe Martin, Co-Founder and Chairman of the VCMA.
His words are echoed by Don Mosher, Co-Founder and President of the VCMA who said, "Regulators today are trying to take the "risk" out of risk capital. You simply cannot do that. What we need is simple to understand rules that can be effectively followed by everyone and which can be enforced by those in positions to do so."
Thursday, October 17, 2013
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Four Seasons Hotel, Vancouver, BC
Click Image To View Full Size
Agenda for the Town Hall Meeting
1) Report on the BC Securities Commission meeting on "Capital Ideas" that takes place on the morning of Oct. 17, 2013
2) Outline of activities to be undertaken by the advocacy firm being retained by the VCMA
3) What's up with Ned Goodman of Dundee Capital and the CNSX?
4) Open microphone covering four main topics of concern, leading towards VCMA position papers:
5) Call for Canadian university business schools to implement "Chairs of Regulatory Studies"
6) Call for volunteers and membership subscriptions
To reserve your tickets for the Town Hall Meeting, please visit the Company's website.
On behalf of the VCMA,
Chairman and Co-Founder
Don Mosher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Martin: email@example.com
For further information please contact the VCMA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venture enterprises in Canada are in a fight for survival. The VCMA needs your help to protect thousands of jobs and to create new jobs for the betterment of all of Canada
Visit our Social Sites;
Leave a comment...